Meet Dr. Martin Lin
Periodontist in Ottawa
Every day, I have the privilege of caring for patients. The work I do improves oral health, oral functionality, cosmetic appearance, and overall well-being.
My patients’ comfort and treatment experience is of paramount importance to me. That is why I believe in performing the most conservative, reliable, and accepted treatments available, and always in the most painless manner. The treatment modalities that I choose and offer to my patients are based on long-term published research evidence.
The team with whom I work is sensitive, highly skilled, professional, and thoroughly dedicated to ensuring the well-being of our patients. We will answer every question you have and help you make the most-informed decisions. Together with your dentist and your hygienist, we will accomplish all your oral health goals.
I originally attended the University of Toronto, where I was awarded a Bachelor of Science in Immunology and Master of Science in Medical Biophysics. My dental and periodontal education were received from:
- McGill University, Doctor of Dental Medicine, 2003
- University of Michigan, certificate in advanced education in general dentistry, 2004
- University of Minnesota, periodontics, 2007 (summa cum laude)
I am a board-certified periodontist in Canada and in the United States.
As a professional, I am dedicated to working continually to advance my skills and broaden my knowledge in my field. I attend seminars, lectures, and continuing education courses throughout the year, as well as participate in national and international conferences.
My interaction with other accomplished professionals has been of great benefit to me and my patients. I also teach and work directly with others. This has included instructing undergraduate students at the University of Toronto, University of Minnesota, and Algonquin College. I am the leader of the "Smiles by Specialists" Spear Dental Study Club.
Membership in professional associations is a means by which we demonstrate our commitment to professional excellence through life-long learning and pursuit of knowledge. Members have access to the latest scientific research and newest developments in technology.
My memberships and professional associations currently include:
- American Academy of Periodontology, member
- American Board of Periodontology, member
- Canadian Dental Association, member
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada, member
- Ontario Dental Association, member
- Ottawa Dental Society, member
- Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, fellow
- Spear Study Club, leader
- Councillor for the Ontario Dental Association, 2008-2014
- Secretary of the Ottawa Dental Society, 2014-2015
- Treasurer of the Ottawa Dental Society, 2015-2016
- Vice-President of the Ottawa Dental Society, 2016-2017
- President of the Ottawa Dental Society, 2017-2018
Though originally a native of Toronto, five years ago I happily settled in Ottawa with my wife, Dr. Jennifer Tan. We have three young sons. I always enjoy and appreciate spending time with them when away from work.